The top 8 most expensive lies
1. Any lie that you tell yourself. Not accepting reality could cost you your life. Time is precious; so don't waste it by lying to yourself.
2. “Not Guilty” No lie is more expensive than a guilty person’s innocent plea. Between the lawyer fees and possible jail time, this lie can literally knock years off of your life.
3. “No, I’m not seeing anyone else.” This lie often leads to an expensive divorce or an expensive apology gift. Both will put a dent in your income and savings.
4. “Yes, this is your child.” It is very inexpensive to obtain a paternity test, which makes this lie is easy to detect. In the end, this lie could lead to a loss of financial and emotional support. It could also get you kicked out the house.
5. “No, that’s not my child.” This lie leads to child support payments and some love lost from your child.
6. “I paid my taxes.” (See Wesley Snipes, Chris Tucker, Nickolas Cage, Lauren Hill, Dionne Warwick, Manny Pacquaio, Mike Tyson, etc.)
7. “I did all you asked me to.” When told to your employer, this lie could put you in the unemployment line.
8. “I wasn’t speeding.” Telling this lie to an officer will typical result in receiving a ticket.
What are some of the most expensive lies you've told?